The SPER Executive Committee has set aside funds to assist trainees with travel to the SPER Annual Meeting in Miami, June 20-21, 2016. Given that the SPER meeting immediately precedes the Fourth Epidemiology Congress of the Americas (http://epicongress.org), and SPER is an official sponsor of the Congress, we particularly encourage international applicants.
The Awards will cover the cost of registration to the SPER meeting ($100 for trainees), up to $600 of travel costs, and the cost of 1-year SPER membership for non-member trainees. ($20).
Eligibility – Graduate students, post-doctoral trainees, clinical trainees, or anyone in an equivalent type of position or program is eligible to apply. Applicants must also submit an abstract for presentation at the SPER meeting, as the presenter, by the February 5 deadline.
Submission – Applications must be submitted online by Friday, February 5, 2016. The following required documents must be submitted with the application in pdf format:
- The applicant’s CV – saved as a pdf file
- Letter of Support from the applicant’s Director of Training, department chair, primary mentor or sponsor – saved as a pdf file
Online application includes:
- Name, degree, and training status of the applicant
- Description of the applicant’s current research emphasis and interests; current status and career development plans and goals; and how attendance at SPER will facilitate those plans
- 2016 Abstract submission ID number and title
- Statement of applicant’s financial need for travel funds and commitment to cover any remaining travel expenses
Evaluation of Applications – Applications will be evaluated by the Executive Committee. Notifications will be provided by March 5, 2016.
Reimbursement – Award recipients will be provided with a special code to enable complimentary registration. They will be required to fill out a reimbursement form and provide receipts that reflect travel costs up to the amount of the award, after attendance at the meeting. Awardees will not be reimbursed for any travel or cancellation costs if they are unable to attend the meeting.
The 2016 application deadline was February 5, 2016. Nominations are now closed.