The Society for Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiologic Research (SPER) invites applicants for consideration for the Travel Award to Promote Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. The deadline for submission is March 3, 2022 at 11:59 PM PT.
1. Diversity in one or more of the following categories:
- An individual from a racial or ethnic group that is underrepresented in health-related sciences in the United States (including individuals identifying as: Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander)
- An individual with a disability
- An individual who identifies as being from an economically or educationally disadvantaged background
- An individual who identifies as being a member of a gender/sexual minority population
- An individual from an institution that qualifies for NIH Academic Research Enhancement Awards (R15s)
2. Presently a graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or early-career investigator (no more than 10 years since completion of terminal degree)
3. Submission of an abstract to this year’s Annual Meeting is preferred, but not required. Attendance at the Annual Meeting is expected of award winners.
In addition to meeting the above eligibility criteria, the following documents must be submitted to be considered for the award. Documents should be submitted in a single PDF file named as the applicant’s last name with the initials TAPE appended at the beginning (i.e., TAPE_lastname):
- A brief statement (300 words or less) describing 1) the anticipated impact of participating in the SPER Annual Meeting on the applicant’s career; and 2) one career accomplishment of which the applicant is particularly proud.
- Curriculum vitae (c.v.)
Winners will receive $500 plus travel expenses to the Annual Meeting and the registration fee.