2018 Award Winners
Student Prize Paper Award: Keewan Kim, Ph.D.
Epidemiology Branch, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
Title: Shorter time to pregnancy with increasing preconception carotene concentrations among women with 1 to 2 previous pregnancy losses
Mentor: Sunni Mumford, Ph.D.
Heinz-Berendes International Travel Award: Ayoub Mitha, M.D.
Neonatal Unit Hôpital Jeanne de Flandre, Lille, France
Title: Unit policies and breastfeeding at discharge of very preterm infants: The EPIPAGE-2.
Rising Star Award: Jonathan Snowden, Ph.D.
School of Public Health, Oregon Health & Sciences University
Mentoring Award: Pierre Buekens, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health &
Tropical Medicine, Tulane University.
President’s Award: Danelle Lobdell, Ph.D.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Trainee Poster Awards
Elizabeth DeVilbiss, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Title: High pre-conceptional homocysteine is associated with elevated risk of pregnancy loss among fertile folate-replete women with prior history of loss
- Co–authors: Sunni Mumford, Lindsey Sjaarda, Matthew Connell, Keewan Kim, James Mills, Enrique Schisterman
Carrie Nobles, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Title: Preconception blood pressure levels and vascular-related pregnancy complications
- Co-authors: Pauline Mendola, Sunni Mumford, Robert Silver, Keewan Kim, Matthew Connell, Lindsey Sjaarda, Neil Perkins, Enrique Schisterman
Andrew Williams, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Title: Asian/Pacific Islanders experience higher risk for gestational diabetes than other U.S. women exposed to volatile organic compounds in ambient air
- Co–Authors: Carrie Nobles, Katherine Grantz, Cuilin Zhang, Seth Sherman, Pauline Mendola
Laura Schummers, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Title: Does the relationship between short interpregnancy interval and adverse pregnancy outcomes vary by maternal age?
- Co-Authors: Sonia Hernandez-Diaz, Jennifer Hutcheon, Paige Williams, Michele Hacker, Tyler VanderWeele, Wendy Norman